Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Claire Pettibone


Let's just say I'm a big fan of Claire Pettibone.



Ethereal, yet not without substance, and presence. Ethereal can be annoying to a fella, but Claire manages the sexy as well as the comfortable. She is as much a storyteller, as she is a designer. Born in New York, the self described "true romantic" has a penchant for the lovely lines without petticoats.



Elizabeth Messina



With clients like Cameron Diaz, Mad Men's Elizabeth Moss, and Rebecca Romijn, she first gained fame as a lingerie designer, and was in fact the first American lingerie designer selected and sponsored at Igedo Lingerie trade fair in Germany in 1997.


Rock and Roll Bride


"I think I was about four or five years old, when we went to a very elaborate wedding. My mom said we came home from that wedding and I was just completely blown away. From then on, I started drawing bridal gowns."






You can check out Claire at her trunk show Kleinfeld's this weekend. Don't forget to schedule an appointment.

No comments: